Masternodes are full-nodes that create, verify and validate new blocks in XDC's platform. Masternodes make the XDC network a decentralized blockchain. Deploying a masternode is conducive to the constructed, trusted, scalable, decentralized network infrastructure. Such an environment facilitates greater stability and reliability within the network.
In a random, delegated proof-of-stake blockchain environment, the masternode concept is cardinal to its functioning. A masternode validates each (or every second segment of the transaction depending upon UNL) transaction and is also responsible for writing the transaction onto the truth ledger—the blockchain. As a consequence, it makes possible a decentralized governance of the network.
To deploy an XDC public masternode, the following things are required:
- At least 10,000,000 XDC, to perform random DPoS consensus seamlessly.
- A wallet in which to store XDC tokens.
- A dedicated and stable hardware environment.
- A dedicated Static Public IP address.
- 100% network uptime by IDC network.
- Minimum tier 3+ IDC environment.
- A Virtual Private Server (VPS is in fact optional, but highly recommended).
- For cloud-based services, Amazon EC2’s m3.large VM size is appropriate. A similar configuration will work with the Microsoft Azure Cloud network.
The following system configuration is required:
Operating System: CentOS, RedHat Enterprise Linux (Latest release) or Ubuntu (20.04+) supported
Development: Mac OS X, Windows (64-bit) or most Linux distributions
CPU: 64 bit x86_64, 2+ cores
Disk: Minimum 300+ GB SSD recommended (500+IOPS, more is better) for database partition
RAM: 32+ GB
Important: The maximum number of masternodes allowed in the network is 5,000.
Method 1:- Setup XinFin’s XDC Masternode One-click Installer
To qualify for Masternode on XinFin Network, you need at least 10,000,000 XDC, for the long term.
Linux - Ubuntu
Step 1: Download XinFin One-Click Installer (to setup Masternode) for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS and Install on your local machine.
Step 2: Now Run the One Click Installer, Make sure you read the Terms properly then click on I Agree button.
- "C:\Program Files\XinFin-Network" this will be your destination folder and this "C:\Users...\AppData\Roaming\XDCChain" will contain your Keystore folder.
- Make sure, you create a backup of your Keystore folder.
- Now click on "XinFin Network" One click installer.
- You can see the address of One Click Instaaler in left side, Also you can change the Network.
- For changing the Network, click on "Develop" then select "Network" (XinFin - Main Network/ XinFin Apothem Network)
- You can check the Node status under the stats.xinfin.network.
Step 3: Create a wallet for Masternode
- Create your wallet address with Mnemonic Phrase or with Keystore. We always recommend to use Keystore for running a Masternode.
- Enter a strong password while creating the wallet.
- Don't lose your Keystore file
- Don't share it with anyone
- Always take a backup of your Keystore file.
- If you lose it, all your funds will get locked.
- After creating backup, Download your Keystore file.
- Now Access your wallet with Keystore and enter a valid password properly to access your wallet.
- If you are hosting a Masternode on Testnet then copy the Wallet address and paste it on XDC Faucet for the Testnet XDC.
Step 4: Host your Masternode
- For hosting the Masternode, you need to copy the private key and login the Masternode.
- For uploading the KYC, click on the "Become a Masternode"
- Check the KYC criteria, the KYC file should be in pdf format only.
- Once you upload your KYC, you need to enter the "Coinbase Address" which is in One Click Installer after that click on Apply button.
- Now you will be notify with sucessful toaster i.e "You have successfully applied for Masternode"
- You can check all the status regarding your Masternode here: master.apothem.network.
Bootstrap Command XinFin Node Setup:-
sudo su -c "bash <(wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/XinFinOrg/XinFin-Node/master/setup/bootstrap.sh)" root
$ sudo su -c "bash <(wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/XinFinOrg/XinFin-Node/master/setup/bootstrap.sh)" root [sudo] password for user: Please enter your XinFin Network (mainnet/testnet/devnet) :- mainnet Your running network is mainnet Please enter your XinFin MasterNode Name :- Demo_Server Your Masternode Name is Demo_Server
sudo su -c "bash <(wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/XinFinOrg/XinFin-Node/master/setup/bootstrap.sh)" root Please enter your XinFin Network (mainnet/testnet/devnet) :- testnet Your running network is testnet Please enter your XinFin MasterNode Name :- test01 Your Masternode Name is test01
sudo su -c "bash <(wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/XinFinOrg/XinFin-Node/master/setup/bootstrap.sh)" root Please enter your XinFin Network (mainnet/testnet/devnet) :- devnet Your running network is devnet Please enter your XinFin MasterNode Name :- test01 Your Masternode Name is test01
Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04 64-bit or higher
Should be facing internet directly with public IP & without NAT
Tools: Docker, Docker Compose(1.27.4+)
Setup (For Ubuntu 20.04 64-bit or higher Operating System)
git clone https://github.com/XinFinOrg/XinFin-Node.git
Enter XinFin-Node directory
Step 1: Install docker & docker-compose sudo ./setup/install_docker.sh
Step 2: Update .env file with details Create .env file by using the sample - .env.example
Enter either your company or product name in the INSTANCE_NAME field.
Enter your email address in CONTACT_DETAILS field.
cd mainnet # testnet cp env.example .env nano .env
Step 3: Start your Node
cd testnet sudo docker-compose -f apothem-network.yml up -d
You should be able to see your node listed on the [Apothem Network] page. Select "Switch to LiveNet" to check LiveNetwork Stats and Select "Switch to TestNet" for TestNetwork.
Your coinbase address can be found in xdcchain/coinbase.txt file.
To stop the node or if you encounter any issues use:
cd testnet sudo docker-compose -f apothem-network.yml down